Wet/Dry Vacuum Cleaners
Many people have a vacuum cleaner for their carpets, but a wet/dry vacuum cleaner is one of the most versatile tools that you can have for your home. These are unique because they are completely portable and can be used for wet or dry cleanups. This multi-purpose vacuum cleaner can hold several gallons of liquid or dry debris, and it is completely bag free.Can a vacuum be used to clean up water?
All wet/dry vacuums, such as a Shop-Vac, are useful for cleaning up puddles of non-flammable and non-oily liquids. Take these steps when cleaning up:
- Empty any existing debris from the bin.
- Remove the paper filter from the cleaner and replace it with a foam filter.
- Vacuum up the puddle.
- Drain the collection bin and let it air dry.
- Flush the vacuum hose, hang it, and let it dry completely before using it for dry debris.
The paper filter prevents fine dust particles from being released back into the air through the exhaust port. Properly using the filter will also protect the motor and create a better cleaning experience.Can this vacuum cleaner be turned into a blower?
This vacuum cleaner is easily converted into a blower by removing the hose from the vacuum port and firmly inserting it into the exhaust port. Depending on your needs, you may choose to keep the vacuum motor base connected to the collection bin, or you may remove it and just carry the portable motor with you if it has a handle.What are some different uses for a wet/dry vacuum cleaner?
Cleaning floors and your work bench is just the beginning for this portable vacuum cleaner. Indoors or out, youll find plenty of options; you can:
- Vacuum cold ashes from your fireplace.
- Vacuum snow from your porch, deck, or car.
- Use the cleaner to easily drain all of the dirty water from your aquarium.
- Unclog your sink or tub.
- Add an optional attachment to the vacuum and use the blower to clean dust from around knickknacks.
Some vacuums have an optional port on the side where you can attach a garden hose. This allows the liquid to bypass the normal cleaner collection bin and disperse to a safe location. This feature comes in handy when you are dealing with cleaning many gallons of fluid from your floors or other areas.