Choosing a Wall Charger for a Smart Device
A smartphone or an iPad with a low battery is going to be constantly powering off. Cables are easily misplaced, which causes some people to consistently purchase replacements. The compact size of the wall plug or adapter makes it easy to misplace it.
Why is the charger not working?
A charger is expected to generate a fast-charge to the Apple iPad or other tablets. The USB connectivity transmits a steady amperage via a micro-USB port. Failure to transmit a quality charge through the 12-watt power supply could be because of several reasons. Here are a few reasons the charger or adapter may be failing to acquire a full charge.
- Defective device: The cable or other parts of the USB wall charger may be defective and need replacing.
- Faulty cable: It may be a faulty extension that needs replacing instead of the entire charging mechanism.
- Faulty wall charger: The adapter that plugs directly into the wall may have a shortage or other defect which prevents it from obtaining a charge.
- Defective iPad: The tablet or iPad may be defective. Check it with another charging device to ensure it is working properly.
- Defective battery: A defective battery will not gain an adequate charge and should be replaced prior to attempting to charge it.
What chargers are available for the iPad and iPad 2?
Choosing a charger that is compatible with the Apple iPad requires a few basic steps. It is important to ensure that the USB-based port is designed to fit the USB section of the cable. An improper fit could lead to damage to the USB cable or the device. Once the appropriate match is found, the proper milliamps are transferred to complete a successful charge. Here are a few available charger options for iOS devices.
- USB Charger
- Third-party wall connectors
- USB-A ports
- Apple 12W power adapter
- OEM 12W USB adapter
- USB Universal adapter
- Lightning cable cords
- USB power adapter
What devices can be charged with the iPad charger?
Most smart devices can be adequately charged with a universal Apple power supply or an OEM adapter. Proper storage of the charging unit helps shield it against wear and tear. This helps it to last longer and perform more efficiently when in use. Some charging devices work to provide a charge to multiple components. This permits a single cable to service a charge for any compatible phone or iPad. Lightning cables are ideal options for obtaining quick power acquisition in emergency situations. Here are a few devices that can be charged with the charger.
- Apple watch
- iPad mini
- iPhone X
- iPad Air
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.