Finding Comfort with Tempur-Pedic Mattresses
Tempur-Pedic mattresses use a proprietary memory foam material as a top layer. The brands beds vary in feel and size, including how warm or cool the material is. The memory foam material minimizes the feeling of movement so that you and your partner can get a good nights sleep; many affordable new options are available on eBay.
What levels of firmness do Tempur-Pedic beds offer?
Comfort with any mattress is an individual choice. Not everyone likes the same firmness. Tempur-Pedic makes mattresses in four "feels," including:
- Extra firm - This model of mattress has ultra-conforming support, which puts less tension on pressure points. The beds with this firmness have a dense feel, and theyre constructed of two layers of Tempur material. This layered system means that these beds respond to each individuals weight.
- Firm - Tempur-Pedic medium-firm options combine adaptive support and firmer cushioning. The design helps to promote healthy sleep, help spinal alignment, and relieve pressure on pressure points.
- Soft - The softer options mix body-conforming support with a pillowtop layer.
- Extra soft - The brands extra-soft options are topped with a thick, pillowy comfort layer.
What are some of the features of Tempur-Pedic beds?
Some of Tempur-Pedics mattress models may also be adjustable for firmness, as well. Some of their adjustable mattresses include the TEMPUR-Up Foundation, the TEMPUR-Ergo Plus, and the TEMPUR-Ergo Premiere.
What bed sizes does Tempur-Pedic offer?
Tempur-Pedic beds, like their Prima mattresses, come with features such as:
- SmartClimate system - The brands climate regulating system uses two-layer construction to keep users cool throughout the night. A combination of moisture-wicking fibers and SmartClimate treatment keeps the bed cool to the touch.
- Multi-Layer system - Most Tempur-Pedic beds consist of three layers: the comfort layer, the support layer, and the base layer. The topmost tier determines the softness and level of adaptability. The support tier is responsible for alignment and appropriate weight distribution. The base provides support for the other tiers and prevents the mattress from overheating.
- EasyRefresh top cover - Some Tempur-Pedic beds come with EasyRefresh covers or toppers, which can be removed and washed.
What are Tempur-Pedic mattresses made of?
Most Tempur-Pedic beds are available in the following sizes. The measurements listed below are average sizes only:
- Twin Long Mattress - 38 by 80 inches
- Queen Mattress - 60 by 80 inches
- King Mattress - 76 by 80 inches
- Split King Mattress - 76 by 80 inches
- California King Mattress - 72 by 84 inches
- Split California King Mattress - 72 by 84 inches
Please check the manufacturers website for details about specific models.
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are made from a material called viscoelastic memory foam. Chiefly made of polyurethane, it reacts to your body heat and weight to mold itself to your shape. The thicker the foam, the longer the Tempur-Pedic mattress usually lasts.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Tempur-Pedic.