Must-know Tips for Selecting a Sylvania Portable DVD Player
Both kids and adults enjoy watching movies on the go. At home or in the car, you can watch your favorite movies on a Sylvania portable DVD player with a travel-size display.What features are available for Sylvania portable DVD players?
These small DVD players are designed with portability in mind. They come with features that make it easy to use them while on the go. Feature options may include:
- Controls: Some Sylvania electronics have remote controls. Others have touchscreen capabilities.
- Power supply: A DVD player usually comes with a rechargeable built-in battery. It may also come with a power adapter with which you can plug the unit into the cars outlet.
- Mounting straps: With a mounting system, passengers in the back seat of the car can attach the display to one of the seats in front of them for hands-free viewing.
- Swivel display: Some DVD players have a display that flips up from an attached base. This part may have swivel capabilities, so you can change the direction that it is facing.
- Speakers: A portable unit usually has built-in stereo speakers. It may also have a headphone jack, so a person can listen to a movie without disturbing others.
- Carrying bag: A storage case can hold both the unit and its accessories. It may have a strap for easy portability.
Built-in displays are important components of portable DVD players. Paying attention to the following characteristics can help you select a unit with a display that meets your needs.
- Size: The display is measured diagonally from one corner to the opposite one. The size may range from 7 inches to 15 inches.
- Resolution: The more pixels that a display has, the clearer that the picture will be. If you want HD capabilities, look for a screen that is at least 800 pixels by 400 pixels.
- Style: Some DVD players are styled like a laptop computer, and the display flips up from the base. Others are more like a tablet, and both the display and the disc holder comprise one integrated piece.
- Format: A portable display may have a widescreen shape or a fullscreen one.
Some Sylvania portable DVD players come with two displays. The same DVD plays on both of them at the same time. This arrangement allows two people to each have a good view of a video.
The two screens are connected to one another with a cable. One is the master unit, and the DVD component and its controls are built into it. The other half, which involves a display only, is known as the slave unit.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sylvania.