St. John Suits and Blazers for Women
What are the types of St. John blazers for women?
St. John clothing features rich fabrics such as soft cashmere, leather, and tweed. A St. John jacket is made to cover the arms and torso of a woman's body, while a St. John blazer or sports coat is a versatile garment that can be worn as part of a suit or casual light jacket. St. John has knit clothing for women tailored for any occasion whether it is a night out or a day at work.
What are the styles of a St. John Collection jacket?
Finding the right sports coat in the St. John Collection is easier when you know more about the overall style and look of the garment:
- St. John style - Sports coats are typically divided into two main criteria based on the number of buttons and how the sides meet. These are the double-breasted and single-breasted styles.
- Sports coat buttons - The buttons on the garment can make it look more formal or casual. For instance, a single-button sports coat has the button at the narrowest part of the waist. A two-button garment is more appropriate for work. A three-button sports coat has the buttons placed higher on the garment and is good for a taller woman. A multi-button sports coat has buttons from the neck to the hem.
- St. John knit length - A sports coat varies in length. For instance, a cropped sports coat stops at your waist. A long sports coat stops at the hip or backside. A waist and hip-length sports coat stops in those areas.
What is the difference between double-breasted and single-breasted blazers?
Choosing a St. John suit jacket may seem daunting with the variety of styles available to choose from. Here are some useful guidelines that can help you decide:
- St. John Collection styles - This garment is available in three styles: professional, business casual, and evening. Professional is typical in an office work setting. Business casual is formal attire but includes various sleeve length, lighter fabrics, and various cuts. An evening sports coat is for any formal settling like a date, wedding, or special event. It may feature ruffles, larger lapels, or embellishments.
- St. John knit cut and fit - A jacket should not be restrictive. You should be able to comfortably sit and stand without the garment drooping or tugging. For example, the suit jacket should have three-quarter or full-length sleeves. The bust area of the jacket should flatter a woman’s torso without drawing attention.
- St. John knit details - Like the sports coat, the jacket is available in single-breasted and double-breasted detail.
A single-breasted blazer allows the sides of the garment to button at the center of the body. A double-breasted blazer is designed for the two sides to overlap in the front of the garment. This requires two rows of buttons.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by St. John.