Retevis Walkie Talkies and Two-Way Radios
Walkie talkies are a convenient way of establishing communications between groups on jobs, on trips, and for special tours and events so that visiting parties can reach help if and when they need it. These two-way radios can also be useful in areas where cell coverage is limited or non-existent. Two-way radios can offer convenience and safety, too.What types of Retevis walkie talkies are available?
Retevis walkie talkies and two-way radios offer a wide variety, and they are sold in pairs or more. They are available as analog or digital DMR in several frequency bands like HF (high frequency), UHF (ultra high frequency), and VHF (very high frequency). There are also additional features like continuous tone-coded squelch system (CTCSS), digital code squelch (DCS), LCD displays, and a push-to-talk functionality. There is a choice of service from family radio service (FRS), general mobile radio service (FRS/GMRS Dual-Service), and more.What advantages are there in using walkie talkies?
- License free: Unless you plan to use them as an amateur operator, using these two-way radios is free and requires no license.
- Convenient carry: Most handheld walkies are light and have a clip that can be used to secure them to your clothing, belt, or bag. This makes them portable.
- Many uses: These walkies can be used for business, security, safety, education, play, and more. They are versatile.
- Range: Most two-way radios can transmit voice signals in a range of 2 - 10 miles maximum for great convenience.
- Can be used anywhere: Walkies can be used even in areas where this is no cell phone or internet coverage.
- Clarity: A walkie often offers a clear signal because it goes back and forth between speaker and listener.
- Ease of use: A walkie talkie can be relatively simple to use, even with little instruction or experience. This ease of use is helpful in situations where fast communication is imperative.
- They can be used at schools and on college campuses, particularly those with large land areas. For field trips when larger groups break up into smaller ones, they can be handy to maintain communication until the group is reunited.
- They can be used on production sets for movies, television shows, and commercial shoots for crew members to coordinate on having sets ready, actors ready, and more.
- They can be used in bars, clubs, and restaurants for security and seating purposes.
- Since they have a decent range, they can easily be used for outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, and more.
- They can be used for tours where people can visit and roam a location with a walkie talkie handy to reach help if and when they need it.