Outward Hound Dog Carriers & Totes
Outward Hound dog carriers, totes, and hiking backpacks allow you to enjoy day trips and outdoor excursions with your dog. For owners of small dogs, Outward Hound offers several different styles of personal dog carriers. For owners who enjoy hiking, Outward Hound offers functional and comfortable canine packs for your pets to carry their own food, water, and lightweight gear.What features should you look for in a pet backpack?
Dog backpacks are specifically designed to fit the body of your pet in an ergonomic fashion with the weight of the load evenly distributed for its enjoyment and comfort. Some features to consider include:
- Storage pockets on both sides of the pack
- A D-ring on the back of the pack where you can attach your pets leash
- Belly straps on the bottom of the pack to adjust the fit to your pet for comfort and weight balance
- Durable nylon construction with a mesh top to allow ventilation for cooling your pet on a hot day
Outward Hound has a variety of personal pet carriers to allow you to carry your small dog in style and comfort. The three types of personal pet carriers Outward Hound provides include:
- The Pouch Backpack: This nylon, hands-free backpack carrier with storage pockets includes padded shoulder straps as well as a collar clip inside the pouch compartment to secure your dog safely.
- The Pouch Front Carrier: This front carrier allows your small dog to enjoy the view and features a cooling mesh design, safety harness for your pet, and storage pockets for your keys and essentials.
- The Pouch Sling: A stylish twist on traditional pet carriers, this sling holds small dogs up to 15 pounds and has an adjustable shoulder strap for your comfort.
Many small dog breeds are within the weight and size limits to fit comfortably and safely within a personal pet carrier. Pet carriers are also a nice choice for carrying puppies within the size range requirements. Some small dog breeds that adapt well to personal carriers include:
- Yorkshire Terriers
- Boston Terriers
- Toy Poodles
Outward Hound pet carriers and personal packs offer interior harness clips for attachment to your dogs collar as well as safety harnesses for holding your small dog securely in place.How should you measure your dog for a hiking backpack?
It is important to measure your dog accurately for a hiking backpack to ensure a comfortable fit and to distribute the weight of the items within the pack on your dogs back safely. Measuring your dog includes:
- Girth: This is found by measuring your dogs circumference using a flexible measuring tape around the widest part of your dogs rib cage.
- Weight: This is found by weighing your dog accurately for determining the appropriate size pack from small to extra large.