Everything You Need to Know About the MakerBot Replicator 3D Printer
3D printers have entered the market as a way for people to manufacture products at home. Commercial businesses also have started to use 3D printers. Whether you are using a 3D printer for home or commercial use, eBay offers many varieties of the MakerBot Replicator.What hardware works with the MakerBot replicator?
The MakerBot software is available for Windows and Mac, so the Makerbot is compatible with any computer with these operating systems. The software includes the MakerBot Print Software as well as the MakerBot mobile app for smartphones, which is cloud enabled so that it can be controlled remotely. A guided wireless setup is now offered for new users. The software is free and can be used for advanced features such as controlling multiple printers at once.What materials can MakerBot print, and what are their uses?
The MakerBot Replicator uses fused deposition modeling to 3D print. It uses the PLA filament to print objects. PLA is the most prevalent material in 3D printing and has a lower melting point than other materials. As PLA is made from food-safe ingredients, it can be used for printing objects that come in contact with food products. The Replicator can also utilize the MakerBot Tough Filament which is used when more strength is required. Bronzefill, copperfill, and woodfill are also available materials for the printer.What are the features of the MakerBot replicator?
When shopping for new or pre-owned MakerBot Replicators on eBay, the features and benefits you'll see are described here:
- Improved reliability: The improved hardware such as a redesigned gantry and Z-stage is the foundation for the improved machine reliability. Printers were tested for 380,000 hours in multiple facilities to ensure reliability and performance.
- Powerful software: The MakerBot Print and MakerBot Mobile software are included with the printer. This software is cloud-enabled and can be used remotely.
- New grip surface: A new grip surface improves the adhesion of prints to the plate which reduces warping and curling. The new bendable build plate also makes it easier to remove your prints.
- MakerBot Smart Extruder+: This innovate extruder has a long warranty and has been tested for over 160,000 hours. It delivers consistent results using the MakerBot PLA Filament.
- On-screen camera: The printer also includes an on-screen camera so that you can watch your prints remotely. Also, an LCD display along with a dial makes it easy to control your prints.