What are FM Radio Transceivers?
Kenwood VHW FM Ham Amateur Radio Transceivers are meant for people who enjoy radios but dont use them professionally. There are many different makes and models of the Kenwood Amateur Radios, so youll need to do some research before you decide which one is for you.
What is an FM Radio Transceivers?
This device is made for radio enthusiasts and others who enjoy listening.
- There are a few different models of transceivers, including mobile models. These mobile units clip onto your clothing and are small enough to fit into one hand.
- Some of the bigger models of radios have 104-Code Digital Code Squelch, as well as a "Five-in-One" programmable memory.
- These radios have high RF and HF power outputs, and can dual receive on the same band. That means you can receive more than one signal on the same radio band.
- HF stands for High Frequency, so an HF radio is a high-frequency radio. Depending on what youre doing with your radio, an HF radio might be a good option for you.
- You can also buy radio models with invertible front panels and multiple scans.
Whats are the Specifications for a TR-7950 Ham Radio?
The TR-7950 may be considered a vintage model; here are some specifications:
- It was a popular HAM radio in the 80s.
- Most people who purchase this radio model have a very specific use for it because some of the radio parts are a little outdated.
- There was an issue with grounding the amplifier board but fixing the problem wasnt that difficult.
- Featured a mounting bracket for the HAM radio that was a new concept at the time.
- While the TR-7950 Ham Radio was a decent go to radio in the 80s, it might have trouble holding up to the modern radios.
How to Maintain Your Transceiver?
Regardless of whether you have a vintage transceiver or a more modern one, youll need to work to keep it clean and in good condition.
- Most FM HAM Amateur Radios that are in brand new condition wont need that much maintenance at the beginning. Keep it in a dry, cool place with little to no debris. That means you can store it in your garage if you like, as long as it doesnt get too hot and youre not doing woodwork.
- If youve had yourradio transceiver for a while, or you purchased an older model, youll want to clean it out carefully.
- You can take the radio to a professional and have them clean it for you.
- You can also take the radio apart yourself and clean each individual piece. We only recommenddoing this if youre experienced with the inner workings of the radio.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Kenwood.>