J.C. Penney Comforters and Bedding Set
When you've had a long day, there's nothing like climbing into a comfortable bed under cozy bedding. The right bedding and comforter can keep you warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and peacefully asleep every night of the year. Find the comforter set for you from the J.C. Penney bedding collection, and get a restful night’s sleep.
How do you choose the right J.C. Penney bedding?
- Determine mattress size: The size of your bedding set should match that of your bed. The most common sizes for J.C. Penney sets are twin, full, queen, king, and California king.
- Choose a material: For your sheets and comforter set, pick a fabric that meets your particular needs. Cotton is the classic choice and works for all climates and styles. A flannel bedding set is extra warm and cozy in the winter. Silk sheets tend to be smooth and luxurious.
- Match color and style: A made bed can be the focal point of a bedroom. Think about the decor in your room and how your bed fits in.
- Check the thread count: Sheets should have a minimum 175-thread count, and you can find sheets with thread counts of 400 and more.
- Find a comforter to match: The easiest way to match your comforter with the rest of your bed set is to buy them at the same time. If that isn’t possible, find a comforter that complements your sheets. A J.C. Penney comforter set might contain decorative pillow shams for a complete look for your bed.
You can minimize the number of times you wash your J.C. Penney comforter set by using a duvet cover over it. Others steps you can take include:
- When it is necessary to wash your comforter set, use a large, front-loading washing machine. Take it to a laundromat if you don't have a large enough washer at home.
- Wash your comforter with the machine set on the gentle cycle, using a mild detergent.
- If possible, rinse your comforter twice to make sure all of the soap is gone.
- Tumble-dry your comforter set on low heat. You can add tennis balls to the dryer to agitate it and fluff up your comforter.
- After you've tumble-dried your J.C. Penney comforter set, hang it to finish air drying if needed, then place the comforter on your bed.
- Store your J.C. Penney comforter set in a cool, dry place. Consider storing it in a cotton bedding bag to let air circulate around your comforter and sheets.