Cases for handguns come in many shapes and sizes. These accessories are made by a variety of different companies, and quite a few different styles of handgun cases are available. If youre looking for an accessory that you can use to carry your pistols or revolvers in, take a look through this comprehensive collection.How many handguns can I fit in a single case?
The number of handguns you can carry in a single case varies depending on the type of gun case you purchase. Some are designed to carry only a single pistol, but others have room for carrying more than one handgun.What kinds of soft handgun cases are available?
- Padded zipper bags: These bags are made from the same padded material that is commonly used to carry electronics. Padded zipper bags are usually designed to carry a single gun, and they are shaped to loosely follow the contours of a firearm. These simple pistol cases usually do not have extra pockets for magazines or ammunition.
- Fabric storage cases: These large gun cases are designed to hold more than one gun for storage purposes. Fabric pistol cases are geared toward first responders who keep pistols concealed in their cars in case of emergency. While many of these pistol cases are constructed to contain a single gun, some fabric storage cases can carry more than one firearm. These handgun cases usually have a limited amount of room set aside for clips and ammo.
- Range bags: As the name suggests, range bags are designed for carrying a number of pistols to and from a shooting range. These pistol cases are usually equipped with multiple compartments for guns. There are also usually slots for magazines and enclosures for ammo boxes. These pistol cases are intended to serve as portable armories that carry everything needed for successful target practice at the shooting range.
- Hard locking cases: The outside of a hard locking case is usually made of aluminum or steel, but hard plastic is sometimes substituted for metal. These gun cases are lined with foam, and rectangles or other shapes are sometimes cut out of this lining. When you place a pistol on this foam, the weight of the firearm causes the foam to hug its contours, keeping your gun in place while it is in transport. Some hard locking cases are designed specifically to fit a single pistol but most are big enough to accommodate multiple guns.
- Molded handgun cases: Molded gun cases are designed to fit a specific model of handgun. These gun cases have contours that will fit only a certain type of firearm. They are usually small and easily concealed.