What You Should Know Before You Buy H&R Block Tax Software
Are you a do-it-yourself tax filer, and are you looking for a reliable software program that can help you accomplish this task? If so, eBay offers the H R Block Tax software you need. These are the things you should know before you make your purchase.What versions of this software are there?
There are separate versions for personal and business filing. Some versions allow you to import tax information into the H & R Block program, making it easier for you to file without needing to re-enter all your information. The following list summarizes available versions of the software.
- H & R Block Deluxe Tax Software Federal and State
- H & R Block Basic Simple Federal Tax
- H & R Block Deluxe Home Owners/Investors Federal and State Tax
- H & R Block Business Premium Turbo S-corp and Schedule C Tax Cut
- H & R Block Premium and Small Business Tax Federal and State
The H R Block Tax software can be installed from a CD, DVD, or download. You will need Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher or Safari 9.1.3 or higher. The software installation requires a minimum of 170MB of free hard disk space and a CD-ROM drive. You will need a color monitor with a minimum resolution of 1024 X 768, a compatible printer, and an internet connection for updates, downloads, and electronic filing. You will also need a computer that is running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Mac OS 10.9.5 or higher
Most versions of the software support electronic filing of state and federal returns. Depending upon the version you purchase, you may be able to download additional schedules or import your tax information into the H & R Block software. Personal editions of the software support filing personal taxes and include Schedule C for small businesses and sole proprietors. Business editions support corporate, partnership, Limited Liability Corporation, estate, trust, and nonprofit filing. The H R Block Tax software supports only certain forms, so you will want to confirm that the forms you need to file are available in the software program. The following list is an overview of the supported forms for personal and self-employed tax returns:
- Supported Forms for Federal Income Tax Filing: 1040 and Schedules 1-6; Schedule 8812; Schedules A-F; Schedules H, J, R, and SE; additional forms selected from Form 982 through 9465; Worksheets
- Supported Forms for State Income Tax Filing: (Name and number of form varies by state, and not all forms are supported for all states). Resident and non-resident forms for individual filing; Schedule W-2; schedules for credits, itemized deductions, and other items.